Skip to main content

Dives 25 & 26, Day 10 at the gym!

Will is getting just the right amount of sleep for a successful day.  I put him in bed again at 7:30 last night and he woke up at 6:50, ready to go!  Perfect!  Dive 25 was another peaceful dive.  Will watched his Mickey Mouse DVD while did my usual routine.  I am so blessed to have a good little diver.  I didn't even have to help him pop his ears this morning and he happily sets back with his hood (space-helmet) on watching television.  Thanks Will for being such a good boy!

Day 10 (2 weeks down!)
Today was another pretty fabulous day!  Will started with his new favorite trick.  


While Will was spinning, Tiffany and I were talking about when he first started at the gym in May 2013.  He has made such huge gains since then.  If you have time you should go back in the blog and look at some of those videos.  I was going to post some here to show you, but they are on my hard drive back home.  It really is incredible to see the change in Will.  To sit back and watch him spin around like this, having such control of his body, is really a great feeling.

On to pushing the cart into the pins.  Will has come to really like this activity.  He's getting pretty good at it too!  Today he thought he would add a little fun of his own.  


After cart pushing he stopped for a snack and then it was right to the mirror.  I love that Will wants to work so hard.  He's having so much fun with therapy, sometimes that's not so easy for Miss Tiffany, but this time it worked out!



More of the same...


Here's a still shot of a great stretch!  I'm just so amazed by this!


Still more clips from the mirror standing, can you blame me!  This one is pretty amazing! 

 

Ok, the final clip from the standing at the mirror.  (This boy had some tired legs after this!)  That's the amazing Miss Cheryl in the background cheering Will on.




Sorry about all of those.  I just wanted to show you what amazing things Will is doing here and again, the progress he's made is unbelievable!

Now, for the last video from today.  Will was pretty tired after all that standing, but he still wanted to pop some bubbles.  He was pretty wobbly for awhile, but then he settled in to a beautiful stand.  Tiffany also moved him away from the mat which made it a step harder.


Looking straight up is tricky for anyone, imagine doing it when your balance is challenged!  Once again, I'm pretty proud of this hard worker!  

Dive 26
Today Miss Dawn was joined by her husband.  We shared a little bit of small talk but then it was pretty quiet.  He even took a little nap, I just don't understand how men can do that!  I could never fall alseep in there.  Will can't either for that matter!  Mr. Art would have liked to watch basketball, but Will had other ideas.  I suggested Toy Story 3, the most adult friendly choice I could come up with.  Mr. Art said that was fine, but then again he did fall asleep! :)  He did watch it for awhile and I think Dawn liked it too!  I wrote in my journal and read, big surprise!

After the dive, Will wanted to watch Miss Josie work out in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We met Miss Josie the last time we were here.  I love how Will likes to watch Miss Tiffany work with other kids.  He watched very quietly from the doorway in Zipper.  

Happy Spring Everyone!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Week 3, Tuesday, Dives 29 & 30

Dive 29- Mr. Will and Josie.  Mickey Mouse, our morning ritual! After the dive Will headed over to Miss Tiffany's gym.  I guess we'll stick around, he likes working in there!  He basically set the whole day up, I only added one thing!  He started himself on the stairs.  I just stood back and filmed! Rock on , Mr. Will! This next thing I added.  The next time you get up from sitting (in a chair for example) think about what all goes into that. I think this will be something he could master when we come back this summer!  By the way, Miss Tiffany will be back for that one!   Back to Will's plan.  He didn't want me to video him getting into position but I thought it showed a lot of good work on Will's part.  Pulling yourself on a scooter is an amazing workout!   Now for the "real" video.  Will set up all the pins and now he is kicking them over, according to his plan! Miss Cheryl poppe...