Skip to main content

Dive 31 & 32 Day 11 at the gym...It's our last week!

It's just Will and myself this morning, we settle into our normal diving routine.  I can't believe we're at dive 31!  It really has gone by so quickly.  I say that from here, Kansas City, where I have one primary concern...Mr. Will.  I talked to the hubs this morning...I don't think it has gone quite so quickly for him.  He's putting in some mandatory hours at work and of course putting in overtime at home too.  Being a single Dad to two school aged children is no easy gig!  Throw in a couple evening meetings and an attention hungry puppy and it's enough to make a guy very tired!  I'll be home soon honey!

Day 11
Will is moving kind of slow this morning.  Maybe it's because it's Monday or it could be our evening at the park Saturday night.  We had a VERY RELAXED day yesterday but I don't know that it was enough.  Poor guy had a tough time getting started.  He even had a crash...don't worry, he wasn't hurt.


I ran a quick errand for Tiffany and missed the crash.  I'm glad I wasn't there, that would have been hard to watch.  Tiffany told me about it when I got back so I had some warning before I finally looked at the video.  I still flinched though!

Will has been getting stronger and stonger everyday.  He's getting better at balancing and loves to test himself.  Here's an example of this...



So, I told you that Miss Tiffany's daughter sprained her ankle over the weekend (remember she was in the spaceship with us).  I also mentioned that she is a big track star in her high school, so naturally when Tessa's coach called Tiffany had to take the call.  Never fear, I'll take over!


I really did welcome this opportunity.  It is much different watching the action in the video than actually sitting in front of Will and correcting his foot placement, and cane placement, and everything else that goes into a perfect stand.  I think I'm ready now!  


I just love to see Will having so much fun with his therapy.  I had to share this one.


Ok, now for the last video of the day.  Check out Will's balance now...and his little foot was even stuck for a minute.  He'll do anything to save Woody and Buzz!


A good way to end a shaky Monday at the gym!

Dive 32
Once again Miss Tessa is with us.  Captain David is still out of the office (trying to spread the word about hyperbaric oxygen therapy!), so Miss Cheryl has to man the controls.  Miss Dawn is back and Miss Tiffany is riding along as well.  I wrote in my journal and started a new book. We finish up Frozen right as we finish up dive 32. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Week 3, Tuesday, Dives 29 & 30

Dive 29- Mr. Will and Josie.  Mickey Mouse, our morning ritual! After the dive Will headed over to Miss Tiffany's gym.  I guess we'll stick around, he likes working in there!  He basically set the whole day up, I only added one thing!  He started himself on the stairs.  I just stood back and filmed! Rock on , Mr. Will! This next thing I added.  The next time you get up from sitting (in a chair for example) think about what all goes into that. I think this will be something he could master when we come back this summer!  By the way, Miss Tiffany will be back for that one!   Back to Will's plan.  He didn't want me to video him getting into position but I thought it showed a lot of good work on Will's part.  Pulling yourself on a scooter is an amazing workout!   Now for the "real" video.  Will set up all the pins and now he is kicking them over, according to his plan! Miss Cheryl poppe...