Dive 33 is once again Will and myself. Will snuggles in to watch Mickey Mouse on television and eats a breakfast bar while the ear popping would regularly happen. I actually finished my journaling before I put his "space-helmet" on. I snuggle into my new book, The Paris Wife.
Day 12 at the gym
It's a dark and rainy morning in Kansas City and Will is once again moving slow. I think he might be getting bored with his routine. After he set up the pins and then knocked them down walking with Alfie and after he beat Miss Tiffany at their race...again. We tried something new. Will thought it was a great idea!
Tiffany thought Will might lean on the cart, but he didn't...maybe he'll get to do this again tomorrow!
On to the mirror. Will has really excelled in this! Tiffany is impressed with his side stepping. I remember back to our first trip when Will was hanging onto the windowsill and screaming for help. His hips were so weak and he was terrified! It's so nice to see that he can have a little fun now instead!
When it's time to stand with the canes, Will has his own ideas. He wants to face the mirror so he can watch the bubbles (and himself) and he wants me to blow the bubbles again. Please excuse the camera work. I set it on a stool and took my post in front of my hard working son!
Day 12 at the gym
It's a dark and rainy morning in Kansas City and Will is once again moving slow. I think he might be getting bored with his routine. After he set up the pins and then knocked them down walking with Alfie and after he beat Miss Tiffany at their race...again. We tried something new. Will thought it was a great idea!
On to the mirror. Will has really excelled in this! Tiffany is impressed with his side stepping. I remember back to our first trip when Will was hanging onto the windowsill and screaming for help. His hips were so weak and he was terrified! It's so nice to see that he can have a little fun now instead!
When it's time to stand with the canes, Will has his own ideas. He wants to face the mirror so he can watch the bubbles (and himself) and he wants me to blow the bubbles again. Please excuse the camera work. I set it on a stool and took my post in front of my hard working son!
The fact that Will can stand there and laugh like that without losing his balance is AMAZING! Last time (even with the suit on) Will couldn't have done that. He has made such great strides in his balance and coordination. In his cognitive developement, he is more aware of the fact that his hand is off the canes. He reaches for the canes with the purpose to steady himself. He still looses his balance and can't recover, but when he does he controls the "fall" and ends up on the stool instead of the floor. Now of course this doesn't happen all the time and he still has some falls, but the incidence is fewer and fewer.
In this last clip, I just want to show you that Will knows what he supposed to do and he knows how to get into the position (although he's still perfecting the form!) Tiffany and I were talking about how far he's come in such a short amount of time. She told Will what he was going to do next and gave him the option of how to get to the table. He picked the comfortable tall crawl (hopefully next time around he'll be comfortable in knee walking!). He goes over to the table and gets to work! Again, his determination is quite amazing for a 6 year old.
Dive #34
Miss Tiffany is diving again with Miss Dawn. Miss Ashley is back and Will and myself. Doc McStuffins is the choice DVD. Tiffany and I have a good talk about Will's session today. I told her my thought about him getting bored. She agreed. I made a few suggestions of minor things to change and also let her know that I really liked the walking with the cart today. We'll see what she has planned for tomorrow! After we talk I finish my journal entry for today and get back to my book!
Comments
Post a Comment