It's day 2 of week 3 and I think it's starting to kick in for Mr. Will. He's a pretty tired boy these days. Partly because he's not getting to sleep very early. I'm not sure what's going on. I tuck him in around 7:50-8:00. He seems like he's going right to sleep, then about 20 minutes later he's calling for me. Tonight it was 9:00 before I could get him to calm down. He told me he didn't like to sleep. I think he needs his own bed!
Anyway, Dive 29 and 30 went well. No problems. Doc McStuffins playing both times, well this morning I convinced him to watch Disney Jr but guess what was on... Doc! Good thing it's a cute show! We were solo at both dives today.
Day 12
Will started the day with his own game. He was in Zipper (his wheelchair) when he entered the gym. He saw the tub of bowling pins and had "a great idea"! He rolled over to the tub, but a bowling pin between his legs and then brought it back to the blue mat. He asked me to put it close to the mirror and then he threw Olaf at it trying to knock it down! Pretty good game. Miss Tiffany thought so too. She expanded it a bit.
Anyway, Dive 29 and 30 went well. No problems. Doc McStuffins playing both times, well this morning I convinced him to watch Disney Jr but guess what was on... Doc! Good thing it's a cute show! We were solo at both dives today.
Day 12
Will started the day with his own game. He was in Zipper (his wheelchair) when he entered the gym. He saw the tub of bowling pins and had "a great idea"! He rolled over to the tub, but a bowling pin between his legs and then brought it back to the blue mat. He asked me to put it close to the mirror and then he threw Olaf at it trying to knock it down! Pretty good game. Miss Tiffany thought so too. She expanded it a bit.
After Will's new game he and Miss Tiffany moved over to the blue wedge. I want to show you the progress here. This first video is from Day 3. He did have some better attempts, but this was also not the worst. I pretty average demonstration.
Now for Day 12's video of the same activity. Much improved!
What do you think about that! That is the part of this 3 week therapy that is so rewarding. I get to see actual bigtime measurable progress in such a short amount of time. Two weeks ago Will was happy to be finished with his time on the wall. Now, today, he requested more. Tiffany asked him a couple different times if he was ready to do something else. Nope, more standing please! What a hard working kid!
Comments
Post a Comment