We're back at Hyberbaric Healing Institute for another 3 week round of Intense Physical Therapy and some great Oxygen while we're here! Just in case you're new to the blog. This is our 8th trip for physical therapy and our 6th trip for HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy). We have seen amazing progress in Will since our first trip 3 years ago. That is, of course, why we keep coming back for more!
We got here Friday evening and checked into our apartment, The Revy! In the past we have stayed at an extended stay hotel, but that just got a little old so we're trying this out...so far, so good!
We were able to get 3 dives (oxygen treatments) in over the weekend which is awesome! Thank you Miss Cheryl!
So this morning we headed to HHI for another dive, #4. We are joined by our friend Austin and his mom Julie. You may remember we met Austin and his mom last summer when we were here. Austin learned the hard way that you don't text and drive. Thanks to him, now I don't either! He is making good progress but still have great difficulty speaking and moving his left hand the way he wants to. We also met a man named John this time. I'm not sure why he's in the chamber just yet. Will is doing great in the chamber, just like we never left!
Day 1 in Miss Tiffany's gym
Will was so excited to see Miss Tiffany today. We talked about her yesterday and he is ready to get to work!
They started out with a new toy, something that Will's friend Jordyn has been playing with at the gym too. The quality of this video isn't very good because of the lighting of the window. But still worth showing!
If you look back in old videos you can see how far Will has come with this activity. Also you will notice that he was putting puzzles together, now he has moved on to big boy trains!
This next video shows Will's enthusiasm.
Love that determination!
Check out how he handles this next task. Again, I just can't believe how far he has come and how hard he works.
Now for a little comic relief!
What a ham! This next video shows it too. It's a bit long, but worth every minute of it,,,if you ask me! I just love watching him walk with his canes...I hope you do too!
One successful day down 14 to go! I can't wait to see what Tiffany comes up with to work on. I always let her decide what to do. I'm not sure she likes that pressure, but after all she knows what he needs to work on to gain more independence. I could see her thinking of ideas today as he was working. Stay tuned!
Dive #5
Will and I ate a quick lunch and then climbed back in the spaceship (chamber) for another dive. Austin, Julie and John are back and this time a new gentleman named Jeremy is here. He's suffering from several things, concussion and PTSD as well as some other concerns. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress while we're here. He's a really nice guy.
We got here Friday evening and checked into our apartment, The Revy! In the past we have stayed at an extended stay hotel, but that just got a little old so we're trying this out...so far, so good!
We were able to get 3 dives (oxygen treatments) in over the weekend which is awesome! Thank you Miss Cheryl!
So this morning we headed to HHI for another dive, #4. We are joined by our friend Austin and his mom Julie. You may remember we met Austin and his mom last summer when we were here. Austin learned the hard way that you don't text and drive. Thanks to him, now I don't either! He is making good progress but still have great difficulty speaking and moving his left hand the way he wants to. We also met a man named John this time. I'm not sure why he's in the chamber just yet. Will is doing great in the chamber, just like we never left!
Day 1 in Miss Tiffany's gym
Will was so excited to see Miss Tiffany today. We talked about her yesterday and he is ready to get to work!
They started out with a new toy, something that Will's friend Jordyn has been playing with at the gym too. The quality of this video isn't very good because of the lighting of the window. But still worth showing!
If you look back in old videos you can see how far Will has come with this activity. Also you will notice that he was putting puzzles together, now he has moved on to big boy trains!
This next video shows Will's enthusiasm.
Love that determination!
Check out how he handles this next task. Again, I just can't believe how far he has come and how hard he works.
Now for a little comic relief!
What a ham! This next video shows it too. It's a bit long, but worth every minute of it,,,if you ask me! I just love watching him walk with his canes...I hope you do too!
One successful day down 14 to go! I can't wait to see what Tiffany comes up with to work on. I always let her decide what to do. I'm not sure she likes that pressure, but after all she knows what he needs to work on to gain more independence. I could see her thinking of ideas today as he was working. Stay tuned!
Dive #5
Will and I ate a quick lunch and then climbed back in the spaceship (chamber) for another dive. Austin, Julie and John are back and this time a new gentleman named Jeremy is here. He's suffering from several things, concussion and PTSD as well as some other concerns. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress while we're here. He's a really nice guy.
Comments
Post a Comment