Skip to main content

Time really flies on this blog!

Well, we have had some other things happen in our lives but this is the only time I think to blog about them!  We're back in Kansas City for another round of Intensive Suit Thearpy and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.  I wonder what amazing things will happen while we're here this time!

This marks the 6th trip for Intensive Suit Therapy and the 4th trip for HBOT.  It seems like yesterday when we came for the first time.

MeMe rode to KC with us last night and will be staying for a few days.  It's so nice to have her here. It made the drive seem very short.  Will and I are enjoying her company very much!
Will loves his Frozen Game, Surprise Slides.  He beat MeMe 2 times!

Dive #1
We're back with the amazing Ms Cheryl.  She welcomes Will with a big hug!  He was happy to see her!  At this morning's dive we were joined with a young man named Austin and his mom.  Poor Austin had to go along with Will's request for Disney Jr on the television.  First dive went perfectly! While we were in the spaceship Miss Tiffany peeked in the window and waved at Will.  He was excited to see her!

Day 1 at Miss Tiffany's gym...
Miss Tiffany was working at her desk when Will pushed Zipper in the gym.  He went right over to the blue mat and waited for Miss Tiffany.  He knows the drill!  
From the get go he started to work on balance.

He got his new tsum tsum friends in on the action from the start!

Miss Tiffany didn't waste anytime.  She had Will walking in Alfie and crawling here and there.  She had him sit on the bench and reach for his friends.  She had him stand up... 

which was pretty cool.

Then she had him try something completely new.  Something that we talked about last time.  Something very exciting...


How cool is that!  I think this trip, like all the rest, is going to be amazing!  It's especially significant because Will fell off his bed the beginning of May and broke his collarbone.    He just got permission last week to go back to weight bearing exercises, although we are supposed to get an x-ray later this week to make sure he's not doing any harm.  
I would say he had an excellent first day in Miss Tiffany's gym!

Dive #2
Captain David is here and we finally got to meet Miss Tatum, Captain David's daughter who is the whole reason for Hyperbaric Healing Institute, the home of these wonderful therapies.  You can read more about her on HHI's website. 
This afternoon we're joined by Miss Dawn again.  She was here in March when we were here.  She was in a bad motorcycle accident.  And once again Austin and his mom were with us.  I found out that Austin is here as a result of texting and driving.  He was reading a text when he wrecked his car changing his life drastically.  I will admit I occasionally send a text when I'm driving.  I will think of him the next time I feel like texting while driving.   




Comments

  1. Spectacular!! I know wonderful things are gonna take place!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your WAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Soccer!

Miss Isabel decided she would play soccer this year.  She played when she was in Kindergarten but when 1st grade sign ups came around she said she didn't want to play.  When I asked her why, she said..."It's just too much running!".  Then when sign ups came in second grade, she thought she might like it again.  Well, we signed her up and then she decided that she didn't want to play after all.  Practices hadn't even started yet so we let her quit.  Many of her friends were playing though and I think once the season really got started, she regretted her decision.  So here we are, a year later and  Izzy (as she's starting to use these days) is playing soccer in the third grade!  There is still a lot of running, which she's still not crazy about, but hey...she's playing!