It's Monday...of the third week...Will is asking when we are going home! A good sign that his little brain is making progress. He's much more aware of being away from home this time.
Dive 27- It's just Will and myself again. I get some good reading time in and he watches Disney Jr. I'm so thankful that he is a good diver! He always lets me read, something I don't do much of at home!
Day 11- Like I said, it's Monday...of the third week. Will is tired! He starts out a little rough...
The morning gets better from there. Will goes to the treadmill, where he walks (attached to the bungees) for 5 minutes then walks with Alfie (on the treadmill) for another 5...I think. Then when Tiffany is unhooking him from the bungees, he decides he will try this...
Something else they are working on...transferring from one thing to another. Will is making progress on this when he remembers to move his feet!
TIffany decided to put the lateral supports back on Alfie. They are the ones that fall right at his hips. She took the green band (that helps him control the turns) off Friday. Usually when that band is off Will has a hard time keeping it straight. My biggest complaint with Alfie you can't control how much tension are on the front wheels, only the rear. The front wheels can be locked in a straight line, but then he can't turn at all! So our "fix" was to create our own tension by tying some tubing on it. It has done the job pretty well.
I am thrilled to see it come off! I love to see that Will has made some progress here. Watch how he can control it without veering to one side or the other!
Will did his normal things in the cage today...throwing balls, kicking them and also...remembering other things to do!
Saving the best for last...Check out the progress here! Keep in mind that usually Miss Tiffany has her hands on the canes when Will is getting into the standing position. Rock on my boy!
Not once, but twice! Way to go Will!
What a way to end the day!
Dive #28 Today we have a new chamber-mate. Her name is Erica. She was pretty quiet on her first dive. She's a Mizzou student who didn't mind Doc McStuffins, so I guess we'll let her come back tomorrow! :)
Mason and Cheryl joined us again today too. No reading for me! I'll take a good conversation with Cheryl any day!
Dive 27- It's just Will and myself again. I get some good reading time in and he watches Disney Jr. I'm so thankful that he is a good diver! He always lets me read, something I don't do much of at home!
Day 11- Like I said, it's Monday...of the third week. Will is tired! He starts out a little rough...
The morning gets better from there. Will goes to the treadmill, where he walks (attached to the bungees) for 5 minutes then walks with Alfie (on the treadmill) for another 5...I think. Then when Tiffany is unhooking him from the bungees, he decides he will try this...
Something else they are working on...transferring from one thing to another. Will is making progress on this when he remembers to move his feet!
TIffany decided to put the lateral supports back on Alfie. They are the ones that fall right at his hips. She took the green band (that helps him control the turns) off Friday. Usually when that band is off Will has a hard time keeping it straight. My biggest complaint with Alfie you can't control how much tension are on the front wheels, only the rear. The front wheels can be locked in a straight line, but then he can't turn at all! So our "fix" was to create our own tension by tying some tubing on it. It has done the job pretty well.
I am thrilled to see it come off! I love to see that Will has made some progress here. Watch how he can control it without veering to one side or the other!
Will did his normal things in the cage today...throwing balls, kicking them and also...remembering other things to do!
Saving the best for last...Check out the progress here! Keep in mind that usually Miss Tiffany has her hands on the canes when Will is getting into the standing position. Rock on my boy!
Not once, but twice! Way to go Will!
What a way to end the day!
Dive #28 Today we have a new chamber-mate. Her name is Erica. She was pretty quiet on her first dive. She's a Mizzou student who didn't mind Doc McStuffins, so I guess we'll let her come back tomorrow! :)
Mason and Cheryl joined us again today too. No reading for me! I'll take a good conversation with Cheryl any day!
Comments
Post a Comment