Dive #7 was Austin and Will again. Will agreed to the Disney Jr channel this morning. There was a Sofia the First episode on. Sofia turned into a mermaid and helped rescue a little mermaid from a sea witch. I have to admit I was kind of into it!
Day 4 at Miss Tiffany's gym...
When we got out of the spaceship and went over to the gym Miss Tiffany was working with a familiar face. It was Jordan! We met Jordan a couple trips ago. Tiffany sees him on a weekly basis. Will loves to watch Jordan work in the gym. This morning Will got to play catch with Jordan.
Will was super quiet when Jordan was there, but showed his excitement after Jordan left. Pretty cute!
Tiffany put the suit on Will first thing and then he tried out his new stripped down Alfie! Every time we're here she takes a new piece off. I love it!
Notice there is nothing holding Will's hips in place now. That means he has to really engage his core and use his hips to get his legs to take him places. Before he leaned against the back and hip supports, he can't do that anymore.
Finally... with very tired legs, Will walks with his canes again. What a hard worker! I am one proud Mama!
Dive # 8
Austin and Will are once again joined by Miss Dawn. Will watches the ever popular Doc McStuffins. I sat back and wrote in my journal and read my book and almost fell asleep! That would be a first. I think I'll try to go to bed before 11:30 tonight!
Day 4 at Miss Tiffany's gym...
When we got out of the spaceship and went over to the gym Miss Tiffany was working with a familiar face. It was Jordan! We met Jordan a couple trips ago. Tiffany sees him on a weekly basis. Will loves to watch Jordan work in the gym. This morning Will got to play catch with Jordan.
Tiffany put the suit on Will first thing and then he tried out his new stripped down Alfie! Every time we're here she takes a new piece off. I love it!
Notice there is nothing holding Will's hips in place now. That means he has to really engage his core and use his hips to get his legs to take him places. Before he leaned against the back and hip supports, he can't do that anymore.
Some more ladder walking
Next is the cage. Once Will was all hooked up, Miss Tiffany did a fun exercise to work on balance. Will thought it was great! I can't say that he would have liked this a year ago. He's so much more confident in his body now.
Will said, "I like going on a ride!"
Moving on to something new...well, he has done this another time but not this trip, until now! This is a hard exercise for Will. It will strengthen those legs and help him with that "digging in" movement when walking.
Floor exercise time! More sit-ups, and a few new ones. Here's a little glimpse...
Finally... with very tired legs, Will walks with his canes again. What a hard worker! I am one proud Mama!
Dive # 8
Austin and Will are once again joined by Miss Dawn. Will watches the ever popular Doc McStuffins. I sat back and wrote in my journal and read my book and almost fell asleep! That would be a first. I think I'll try to go to bed before 11:30 tonight!
Comments
Post a Comment