Phil and the kids left this morning, after getting to stay an extra night due to some icy roads. I love when they come to visit. It's a reminder of how lucky I am to be a mother of three beautiful kids and the lucky wife of a great guy! Unfortunately the blog suffers when they are here, I'm not going to try to catch up too much but I do want to give you a little update on Will and HBOT, aka the spaceship!
I really think Will is starting to be more observant, he just seems more interested in his surroundings. He might comment on the colors on a video he's watching or the snow on the ground. He also asked me about a smell earlier in the week. I never remember him saying anything about smells! Another time we were driving in the car, a song came on the radio that I liked so I started to whistle. Usually Will rides quietly in the car until he wants a snack or he drops his toy, but that day within seconds after I started whistling he said "Hey, you know how to whistle?" It honestly took me a couple seconds to register that he was talking to me! I said, "Yes, I know how to whistle, do you?'' He said, "No". so I said, "well, keep practicing, it's kind of tricky."
Isn't that fun! He seems to be initiating more conversations. Phil noticed it over the weekend too!
Speaking of Phil and the weekend...here's one thing he got to do...
Go on the spaceship with Will! I think Will liked having his Daddy on the flight!
I really think Will is starting to be more observant, he just seems more interested in his surroundings. He might comment on the colors on a video he's watching or the snow on the ground. He also asked me about a smell earlier in the week. I never remember him saying anything about smells! Another time we were driving in the car, a song came on the radio that I liked so I started to whistle. Usually Will rides quietly in the car until he wants a snack or he drops his toy, but that day within seconds after I started whistling he said "Hey, you know how to whistle?" It honestly took me a couple seconds to register that he was talking to me! I said, "Yes, I know how to whistle, do you?'' He said, "No". so I said, "well, keep practicing, it's kind of tricky."
Isn't that fun! He seems to be initiating more conversations. Phil noticed it over the weekend too!
Speaking of Phil and the weekend...here's one thing he got to do...
Go on the spaceship with Will! I think Will liked having his Daddy on the flight!
Watching a movie during the flight and playing with Buzz!
It's the end of the flight when Will can take the helmet off, it's time to rub ears!
This is where Woody and Jessie have to hang out. They watch from this perch everyday!
Flight is over, here they come!
Ben and Iz wanted to check it out.
Here's where Captain David sits and controls the "ship".
We had a full weekend with the whole family here. We saw The Lego Movie in 3D, went out for some great Mexican food and had lots of swimming time! I think it was a successful weekend!
All that swimming can wear you out!
Thanks for visiting Daddy, Ben and Isabel!
Comments
Post a Comment