It's Monday morning of week 2! Phil and the kids got on a 8:15am train and headed back home. Will is on Dive 17 and 18 today. That's hard to believe. He is still doing really well with them. Today he watched the Disney Jr channel on TV which worked out nicely. Milleigh was back for the afternoon dive. Will was happy to have her back, he didn't show it too much in the spaceship but this morning when I told him she would be back today he smiled really big. We found out on the spaceship that she likes Mickey Mouse too!
Day 6 at the gym started off kind of shaky. I think it was just a little hard for Will to keep up with the pace at first. It is Monday after-all! Transitioning to sit on the bench even proved to be a difficult task and he's been doing pretty well with that lately. He finally snapped out of it though, by the time he was standing with his canes he was awake and looking good! This video is a little long, but I wanted you to see the whole thing so I broke it up into two parts. Will is doing some really exciting things! Just see for yourself.
Amazing control to be able to kick a pin over, even though he lost his balance after that and fell backwards. Then he had enough control to bend over and fix his cane. Now do you see why I wanted you to see the whole video! Amazing stuff!
Now on to the stairs. If you recall back in October Will worked on the stairs everyday. This time Miss Tiffany has Will working on some other areas but still wants to work on the steps too. Well, Mr. Will still doesn't like them one bit. I asked him this morning over breakfast why he didn't like them. He thought about it for a minute and then said, "I don't know."
Today was much better than usual. I took him less then 12 minutes to go up the stairs and back down! Normally this takes him around half an hour! He did cry a bit today, but I suggested another option.
Day 6 at the gym started off kind of shaky. I think it was just a little hard for Will to keep up with the pace at first. It is Monday after-all! Transitioning to sit on the bench even proved to be a difficult task and he's been doing pretty well with that lately. He finally snapped out of it though, by the time he was standing with his canes he was awake and looking good! This video is a little long, but I wanted you to see the whole thing so I broke it up into two parts. Will is doing some really exciting things! Just see for yourself.
Part 1...
Part 2
Now on to the stairs. If you recall back in October Will worked on the stairs everyday. This time Miss Tiffany has Will working on some other areas but still wants to work on the steps too. Well, Mr. Will still doesn't like them one bit. I asked him this morning over breakfast why he didn't like them. He thought about it for a minute and then said, "I don't know."
Today was much better than usual. I took him less then 12 minutes to go up the stairs and back down! Normally this takes him around half an hour! He did cry a bit today, but I suggested another option.
He did cry once he got to the top, but then went on to climb back down. One of these days he'll be climbing stairs without a problem!
Comments
Post a Comment