Dive # 19
Will, Josie and Mark! He watched Mickey Mouse, Miss Cheryl's pick. A safe bet for the morning dive!
After the dive we decided to stick around and head next door to the gym. Cheryl told me we were welcome to use it, but I haven't chosen to until now. Will thought it would be fun to "workout" in there. He even wanted to start with the old exercises...
and a new one that I threw in..
After that we headed to the stairs. Will walked from the blue mat to the stairs using his canes then he climbed up the stairs, played with the Barney toy at the top (just like the old days!) then came down the other side. Then I had a different idea.
and back down...
Next we went to another gym favorite, the monkey beanbags! Will had the idea to walk over to the hoop throw a monkey and then "squat" down and get another one. By all means...
He went through 5 monkeys. He fell a handful of times, but in his usual fashion got right back up and started again!
We practiced standing up from sitting next. He was a little rusty at first but quickly figured it out. He remembered Miss Tiffany's advice, "Nose over toes".
(I'm not sure what he was talking about by the way!)
He soon became comfortable with the poles again. The poles are harder to stand with than the canes because they don't have the support on the bottom that the canes have. Will really has to engage his whole body to stand using these babies.
He is really using his youTube lingo here...
Just so you know, there was a little toddler in the waiting area, he didn't just pull the baby talk out of the air!
Now let's see how he does getting up with the poles...
I think he did pretty Fantastic! What about you. friends? 😉
We didn't work out the whole time, (we can't do everything like the old days). We headed to the Rezzi for a little down time and some lunch. Then it was back to the spaceship for dive #20!
Dive # 20 The halfway point!! This dive was just Miss Josie and Mr. Will. Cheryl asked Will for the movie selection. He couldn't think of one so I suggested she surprise them again. She chose Paddington. I appreciated it, Will thought it was ok. He didn't object though!
Will, Josie and Mark! He watched Mickey Mouse, Miss Cheryl's pick. A safe bet for the morning dive!
After the dive we decided to stick around and head next door to the gym. Cheryl told me we were welcome to use it, but I haven't chosen to until now. Will thought it would be fun to "workout" in there. He even wanted to start with the old exercises...
and a new one that I threw in..
After that we headed to the stairs. Will walked from the blue mat to the stairs using his canes then he climbed up the stairs, played with the Barney toy at the top (just like the old days!) then came down the other side. Then I had a different idea.
and back down...
Next we went to another gym favorite, the monkey beanbags! Will had the idea to walk over to the hoop throw a monkey and then "squat" down and get another one. By all means...
He went through 5 monkeys. He fell a handful of times, but in his usual fashion got right back up and started again!
We practiced standing up from sitting next. He was a little rusty at first but quickly figured it out. He remembered Miss Tiffany's advice, "Nose over toes".
He soon became comfortable with the poles again. The poles are harder to stand with than the canes because they don't have the support on the bottom that the canes have. Will really has to engage his whole body to stand using these babies.
He is really using his youTube lingo here...
Now let's see how he does getting up with the poles...
I think he did pretty Fantastic! What about you. friends? 😉
We didn't work out the whole time, (we can't do everything like the old days). We headed to the Rezzi for a little down time and some lunch. Then it was back to the spaceship for dive #20!
Dive # 20 The halfway point!! This dive was just Miss Josie and Mr. Will. Cheryl asked Will for the movie selection. He couldn't think of one so I suggested she surprise them again. She chose Paddington. I appreciated it, Will thought it was ok. He didn't object though!
Will LOVED your comment! Thanks for making his day!
ReplyDelete