Skip to main content

Monday Morning Dive #2 & #3


We started at HHI at 7:30 this morning.  Josie was there again with her amazing Grandparents and we met some new friends, Mr. Ron, Mr. Doug and Mr. Mark.  We watched Mickey Mouse clubhouse, dive 2 was a success.  Well for the kids anyway.  I think the guys liked watching their guy movies better!  The kids have taken control of the television!

When we got back to the Rezzi (to our 2nd room) it was time to get to work!  Mr. Will got in Alfie (his gait trainer) and we headed down the hallway.  I think the Rezzi is going to make for a pretty good therapy location.  The hallway has two pretty good inclines.  Will struggled with them today but did manage.  I look forward to seeing progress with this!  Oh, by the way, since I'm playing the part of the therapist, Meme is playing the part of the videographer!  (She's new at this!)



After we walked down the hallway, up two "hills" we made it to the stairs.  Will was excited to walk up the stairs!  He did great with them!  There are 4 floors in the Rezzi.  Mr. Will wanted to climb them all!





Will seems to think I'm doing a decent job of being Miss Tiffany!  
Next we did some cruising on the wall, just like at the gym!



I especially like the way he lets go to ask me to "Hold me in the shirt."  He still has that fear of falling, but he is obviously capable!

For those of you who haven't been around Will too much, he has a love of talking to the video camera.  He watches some kids on YouTube who make videos and he would love to do the same. Well, Mr. Will... here's your chance!


After going all the way to the top floor, he walked (in Alfie) to the elevator.  We rode the elevator down to the first floor, met a nice lady named Diane who works here, and then headed back down the hallway.  This time Will had to handle going down the hills... he did pretty well!



Excuse the next video.  We're moving again!  We started on the third floor, then moved to the first. That's where we were supposed to be, however they put us in a handicap accessible room.  That sounds great right?  Well...that room didn't have a bathtub.  Only a roll-in shower.  Mr. Will really needs a bathtub.  So...We're moving again!  That's why you see so much stuff lying around the room, we are packed up and ready to move when we get the call!

The final video today is some cane walking.  I cut it short, but spoiler...he made it!


After that he had a little snack and then colored some Minions!  He worked hard for not having therapy this trip!  I'm proud of the drive he has.  I hope we can both keep it going!  After a little break and a little lunch we got the call to move rooms.  Meme helped Will finish up while I packed all of our stuff on a cart and moved it down the hall!  It was a very quick move.  As soon as I got the last thing out of our old room, Will and I had to leave for our second dive of the day.  Thank Goodness Meme was here and stayed back and unpacked our room.  She is a wonderful help to have around!

Dive #3
Josie, Will, Mr. Doug and Mr. Ron (as well as Grandma Linda and myself).  This time we decided to try Trolls (a gift from Aunt Heather and Uncle Charles).  Josie is very particular about her movies and Will is not too great about trying new things either, but Trolls was a hit!

Back at the Rezzi...in our new and hopefully final room, Will opened a gift from Uncle Adam and Aunt Jess!  He is a lucky little boy to have such a great fan club!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Soccer!

Miss Isabel decided she would play soccer this year.  She played when she was in Kindergarten but when 1st grade sign ups came around she said she didn't want to play.  When I asked her why, she said..."It's just too much running!".  Then when sign ups came in second grade, she thought she might like it again.  Well, we signed her up and then she decided that she didn't want to play after all.  Practices hadn't even started yet so we let her quit.  Many of her friends were playing though and I think once the season really got started, she regretted her decision.  So here we are, a year later and  Izzy (as she's starting to use these days) is playing soccer in the third grade!  There is still a lot of running, which she's still not crazy about, but hey...she's playing!