Wednesday of the first week is always a little tough, we'll see how today goes...
Dive #6
This morning's dive included Mr. Will and Miss Josie, Mr. Ron, Mr. Doug and Linda and myself. We settled in to Mickey Mouse clubhouse and off we went. Miss Josie is doing great this time. I can't believe how much she's has changed since this summer. She is getting that little girl look instead of the baby face I saw this summer. I also notice that she has more head control and more intentional movement (at least that's what it looks like to me)! For those of you who followed me last summer you might remember that Josie is our little friend who has CP. She cried a lot last summer when she didn't like the movie, but this year she is doing great so far!
After the dive Miss Cheryl and I chatted for quite a bit. I do love that lady! I really need to snap some video of her interacting with Will. They have a great time together! Today he was teaching her how to dance. It was something to see!
After we got back to the Rezzi we had a little snack. Will has his heart set on this paw patrol toy that he saw at Target yesterday. The problem is it's $70! He told me today that he could work for the money. Here he is with his first attempt at completing some chores!
After the dishwasher was loaded he found his canes and did some standing. Now, I need to set up this next video a little. As I mentioned before, we have had to move rooms twice. Unfortunately we have misplaced a couple things with those moves. Housekeeping found Will's minion (one of many!) yesterday, which pleased Will. The other thing that was missing was a bit more expensive. Will misplaced his ipod! I honestly figured it was gone. This morning when Gabby, our housekeeper, knocked on our door I asked her if she had seen it. She had not.
So, we went on with our therapy...
So, let me just break that video down for you. First of all Will was doing some amazing work. He stood up (with the help of the table, but still!) then he starting getting a little to comfy and almost lost control (but didn't!), he fixed his cane, his ipod was found! (I REALLY need to learn Spanish!), but perhaps the best part of that video is that Mr. Will stood on his own while I went to answer the door and didn't loose control when someone one else was in the room and he was really excited about his ipod! One of Will's biggest struggles is staying focused when there are other things going on around him. That was a huge test and he passed with flying colors!
After that amazing video it's time for some more... By the way, I'm doing the best that I can with the video camera on my own. I guess I need to find a stranger walking around the hotel to be my assistant!
Anyway, on with the show...
Will headed out the door and up the hill, on the way to find the stairs.
He climbed the stairs, all by himself. I would never have stood that far away from him this summer. Look at this kid go!
Then he practiced something new today, new for our Rezzi therapy at least! Coming down the stairs. He did very well, even when he almost lost it and had to fix it. I wanted to grab him, but I didn't. I'm glad I didn't, he handled it very well!
So after doing very well on the stairs it's time to head back to the room. We need to get a little schooling in today. So let's head down that hallway.
He's getting pretty good at the downhill control!
School time! Today we're working on telling time. We also had some time for revisiting Penny the Rude Penguin, his reading lesson.
Dive #7
Same crew on this afternoon's dive. We might try a new movie tomorrow. Josie is doing great with Mickey Mouse, maybe it's time to mix it up!
Tonight it was time to check out the pool. We haven't been there yet and it's a favorite activity of Will's. I usually bring a fold up wagon to make the trip to the pool, but unfortunately I forgot it this time. Will didn't seem to mind making the trip there in Alfie! More therapy my friend!
He walked back to the room too after a fair amount of pool play! He should sleep well tonight!
I think Hump Day was a success!
Dive #6
This morning's dive included Mr. Will and Miss Josie, Mr. Ron, Mr. Doug and Linda and myself. We settled in to Mickey Mouse clubhouse and off we went. Miss Josie is doing great this time. I can't believe how much she's has changed since this summer. She is getting that little girl look instead of the baby face I saw this summer. I also notice that she has more head control and more intentional movement (at least that's what it looks like to me)! For those of you who followed me last summer you might remember that Josie is our little friend who has CP. She cried a lot last summer when she didn't like the movie, but this year she is doing great so far!
After the dive Miss Cheryl and I chatted for quite a bit. I do love that lady! I really need to snap some video of her interacting with Will. They have a great time together! Today he was teaching her how to dance. It was something to see!
After we got back to the Rezzi we had a little snack. Will has his heart set on this paw patrol toy that he saw at Target yesterday. The problem is it's $70! He told me today that he could work for the money. Here he is with his first attempt at completing some chores!
After the dishwasher was loaded he found his canes and did some standing. Now, I need to set up this next video a little. As I mentioned before, we have had to move rooms twice. Unfortunately we have misplaced a couple things with those moves. Housekeeping found Will's minion (one of many!) yesterday, which pleased Will. The other thing that was missing was a bit more expensive. Will misplaced his ipod! I honestly figured it was gone. This morning when Gabby, our housekeeper, knocked on our door I asked her if she had seen it. She had not.
So, we went on with our therapy...
So, let me just break that video down for you. First of all Will was doing some amazing work. He stood up (with the help of the table, but still!) then he starting getting a little to comfy and almost lost control (but didn't!), he fixed his cane, his ipod was found! (I REALLY need to learn Spanish!), but perhaps the best part of that video is that Mr. Will stood on his own while I went to answer the door and didn't loose control when someone one else was in the room and he was really excited about his ipod! One of Will's biggest struggles is staying focused when there are other things going on around him. That was a huge test and he passed with flying colors!
After that amazing video it's time for some more... By the way, I'm doing the best that I can with the video camera on my own. I guess I need to find a stranger walking around the hotel to be my assistant!
Anyway, on with the show...
Will headed out the door and up the hill, on the way to find the stairs.
He climbed the stairs, all by himself. I would never have stood that far away from him this summer. Look at this kid go!
Then he practiced something new today, new for our Rezzi therapy at least! Coming down the stairs. He did very well, even when he almost lost it and had to fix it. I wanted to grab him, but I didn't. I'm glad I didn't, he handled it very well!
So after doing very well on the stairs it's time to head back to the room. We need to get a little schooling in today. So let's head down that hallway.
He's getting pretty good at the downhill control!
School time! Today we're working on telling time. We also had some time for revisiting Penny the Rude Penguin, his reading lesson.
Dive #7
Same crew on this afternoon's dive. We might try a new movie tomorrow. Josie is doing great with Mickey Mouse, maybe it's time to mix it up!
Tonight it was time to check out the pool. We haven't been there yet and it's a favorite activity of Will's. I usually bring a fold up wagon to make the trip to the pool, but unfortunately I forgot it this time. Will didn't seem to mind making the trip there in Alfie! More therapy my friend!
He walked back to the room too after a fair amount of pool play! He should sleep well tonight!
I think Hump Day was a success!
Thanks Mrs. Easley! Will is working hard but is missing everyone too. He listed all the teachers and paras yesterday when we were talking about home.
ReplyDelete