Skip to main content

Day 13 Dives 31 & 32

Dive 31

This morning is was back to the normal group.  Will and myself along with Ms. Sherrie, Mr. Kenny, Mr. Chet and Mr. John.  Will chose Home for the movie.  It was a pretty easy dive, everyone is used to the routine!  I got to sit back and journal and then start a new book.

Day 13

Will got started right away with his warm-up exercises.  He's getting pretty good at them!  Then he moved on to the bolster.  He's making progress on this too.  Notice that Miss Tiffany has her legs crossed today instead of putting her feet on Will's feet to steady him.  Yay!  I love progress!


Next Will pushes the weighted shopping cart across the floor to the yellow brick road where the scooter is waiting.  He climbs onto the scooter and takes off!


Today, Miss Tiffany raises the bar.  Will is taking his Minion friends for a ride to the blue mat...on the scooter.  Scooting on carpet is much harder than tile.  Go Will Go!



Mr. Will finally made it back to the blue mat, Phew!  Then is was on to throwing the beanbag animals.  After that is was time to go collect them!  Will is getting pretty good at pushing that cart around and even moving it slightly if needed.  He just needs to get comfortable bending his knees!  (I promise no one was injured in this filming!  ha ha!)


Now for my favorite part of the day.  The canes come out and they lead to the bike!  You can't get much better than that!  



Isn't that awesome!  Will is doing so great.  He's working so hard right until the very end of the 3 hours in Miss Tiffany's gym.  The bike is always the grand finale but today I think he was a little tired.  I'm guessing that's what it was.  He rode the bike up the elevator again (his favorite part!) and then in the hallway upstairs.  That part went pretty well.  Then Miss Tiffany had him go outside.  It was windier than we expected and a little cooler as well.  Will just prefers to ride in the lobby.  If we get a bike at home (hopefully!!) he will have to ride outside, so he better get used to it!  Here's a little shot of how today went...


Dive 32

This week we are doing a kids only dive!  Masy is on Spring Break and Will is finishing up his last week of treatments so why not do them together!  Plus, the earlier dive is pretty crowded.  So today Masy and Will watched Frozen and I did my normal, journal and read.  8 more dives to go!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Week 3, Tuesday, Dives 29 & 30

Dive 29- Mr. Will and Josie.  Mickey Mouse, our morning ritual! After the dive Will headed over to Miss Tiffany's gym.  I guess we'll stick around, he likes working in there!  He basically set the whole day up, I only added one thing!  He started himself on the stairs.  I just stood back and filmed! Rock on , Mr. Will! This next thing I added.  The next time you get up from sitting (in a chair for example) think about what all goes into that. I think this will be something he could master when we come back this summer!  By the way, Miss Tiffany will be back for that one!   Back to Will's plan.  He didn't want me to video him getting into position but I thought it showed a lot of good work on Will's part.  Pulling yourself on a scooter is an amazing workout!   Now for the "real" video.  Will set up all the pins and now he is kicking them over, according to his plan! Miss Cheryl poppe...