Dive #4
Will and I got to the spaceship this morning and met our "chamber mates". Mr. John and Mr. Chet would be joining us this morning. I hope they like Doc McStuffins! As we were getting ready to get in the spaceship who should come in the gym door but Jordyn! Will met Jordyn, gosh, like 3 or 4 trips ago. Jordyn is a year older than Will and also loves Minions! Will loves to watch Jordyn work in the gym. I hope he gets to do that again this trip! Jordyn went to Miss Tiffany's side and Will and climbed aboard the spaceship. We cued up Doc (the movie choice of the dive) and settled in. Mr. Chet slept most of the dive but Mr, John enjoyed Doc McStuffins. He said it was pretty cute. I read my book and did my "journaling" for the morning. All is well!
Day 1 at Miss Tiffany's gym.
Will has been excited to see Miss Tiffany since we pulled into Kansas City. He pushed Zipper (wheelchair) over to her side of the building and cruised right in the door. Mr. Jordyn was just on his way out.
I am really excited to see what happens this trip. Will has really wanted to be more and more independent at school and at home. I hope that Miss Tiffany can give him the guidance he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities to gain independence!
Almost immediately I noticed something new in Miss Tiffany's gym... a shiny black bike! I talked to Miss Tiffany last time (or was it the time before) about Will riding a bike. We have tried this skill at home with a traditional trike equipt with a seat belt and shoestrings tying his little feet to the pedals. I have walked beside him pushing his legs up and down to pedal the bike, while making sure he was strapped into the seat so he wouldn't fall off...all things we take for granted with a typical child. I totally took these simple steps for granted with our other two children. Tiffany explained that the bike is on loan from a company who wanted them to try it out. So here's what happened next...
Will and I got to the spaceship this morning and met our "chamber mates". Mr. John and Mr. Chet would be joining us this morning. I hope they like Doc McStuffins! As we were getting ready to get in the spaceship who should come in the gym door but Jordyn! Will met Jordyn, gosh, like 3 or 4 trips ago. Jordyn is a year older than Will and also loves Minions! Will loves to watch Jordyn work in the gym. I hope he gets to do that again this trip! Jordyn went to Miss Tiffany's side and Will and climbed aboard the spaceship. We cued up Doc (the movie choice of the dive) and settled in. Mr. Chet slept most of the dive but Mr, John enjoyed Doc McStuffins. He said it was pretty cute. I read my book and did my "journaling" for the morning. All is well!
Day 1 at Miss Tiffany's gym.
Will has been excited to see Miss Tiffany since we pulled into Kansas City. He pushed Zipper (wheelchair) over to her side of the building and cruised right in the door. Mr. Jordyn was just on his way out.
I am really excited to see what happens this trip. Will has really wanted to be more and more independent at school and at home. I hope that Miss Tiffany can give him the guidance he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities to gain independence!
Almost immediately I noticed something new in Miss Tiffany's gym... a shiny black bike! I talked to Miss Tiffany last time (or was it the time before) about Will riding a bike. We have tried this skill at home with a traditional trike equipt with a seat belt and shoestrings tying his little feet to the pedals. I have walked beside him pushing his legs up and down to pedal the bike, while making sure he was strapped into the seat so he wouldn't fall off...all things we take for granted with a typical child. I totally took these simple steps for granted with our other two children. Tiffany explained that the bike is on loan from a company who wanted them to try it out. So here's what happened next...
and then this...
which lead to this...
and finally...
That is one proud boy and I am one proud Momma!
Dive #5
After a quick lunch we boarded the ship for another dive. This dive is a bit fuller. We have Miss Cindy and her two boys Walter and Matthew (12-15ish) and Maria and her husband Richard. I talked to Will about the boys and we thought they might like Despicable Me instead of Doc. We were right! They boys and Miss Cindy laughed the whole dive. Will had fun watching them. Maria didn't watch it though. I got to settle in and read and journal and we marked another dive down in the books!
Comments
Post a Comment