Will and I very much enjoyed spending the weekend with the rest of our family! We picked Phil, Ben and Isabel up at Union Station Friday afternoon.
After stopping at a cupcakery on the way home (it's got nothing on my Mom's cakes!), it was on to the hotel. The kids were excited to go to the pool so Phil took them while I did laundry...by myself...sad, but I enjoyed that! After dinner at Minsky's Pizza (yum!) we called it a night.
Saturday was a gloomy, rainy day. We decided to head to Kansas City's Aquarium.
After stopping at a cupcakery on the way home (it's got nothing on my Mom's cakes!), it was on to the hotel. The kids were excited to go to the pool so Phil took them while I did laundry...by myself...sad, but I enjoyed that! After dinner at Minsky's Pizza (yum!) we called it a night.
Saturday was a gloomy, rainy day. We decided to head to Kansas City's Aquarium.
The kids liked it.
We walked around Crown Center after the aquarium. The highlight was the ice cream the kids enjoyed while Phil and I had some afternoon coffee. Delicious!
After mass at St. Therese we headed to a little Mexican restaurant just down from our hotel. Phil taught Ben how to balance a salt shaker.
Steady...
Steady...
Got it!
Will's turn...keep trying Mr. Will. We decided it doesn't work with pepper!
Not sure what was so funny!
Sunday was a bittersweet day. The weather was beautiful. The day was great, but the thought of the weekend coming to an end was always in the back of your head. What better way to forget about all that, then heading to the Renaissance Festival!
We have never been to anything like this before. What an experience! I felt like I walked into an episode of Mike the Knight! Mr. Will was not as excited about that. He was quite overwhelmed.
Our first stop was the bellydancers. I mistakenly tried to get a little closer. Will did not enjoy that at all. Isabel to the rescue...She explained to him that all of these people are getting ready for Halloween a little early this year. (Ironically, Will is going as Mike the Knight this year, so this made sense to him, although he still never really bought into it!)
Ben and Isabel had fun riding Paige the Elephant!
I wish I would have taken more pictures. There really were some interesting costumes! And the scenery was so fun. It really did look like Mike the Knight! It was a lot of fun.
Will didn't know what to think about this guy. He's doing his best to try to disappear. No luck though...
Poor kid...his parents really should have save him...Instead, his mom kept taking pictures!
I hope he still wants to go Trick or Treating. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks!
Well, on to Union Station. The weekend must come to an end.
One of Kansas City's beautiful fountains.
Pay the parking fee.
Checking out a gift store inside...Minecraft anyone!
Waiting in the train station. I had to make Ben and Isabel smile. They were not happy to be going home.
Will and Daddy spending a few more minutes together.
It was a great weekend. I'm glad Phil brought the kids up to see us. The only problem is now I'm ready to go home! I'm sure this last week will fly by. Only 4 days left!



Comments
Post a Comment