Today was a new day! With the help of some little friends and some great ideas from Miss Tiffany...the week ended on a much better note. Will was excited to take his little friends (3- Buzz figurines, Mike the Knight, Trollee, Yip, Yap, Pluto, "little" Boots and Woody) with us this morning. I had to give him a little talk first though. I told him they could come along, but only if he worked really hard and didn't fuss about it. I know that sounds really mean. I promise I said it in a very nice voice! Anyway, he agreed!
Tiffany had some new ideas too. First of all she let Will choose what he wanted to do first... for Mr. Independant, that is a big deal! So Mr. Will chose the scooter! A new activity this week! Plus he got to use his friends in this one! Bonus!
What a hard worker huh! A pretty cute one at that!
The second choice...the stairs. Deep breath, here we go! Here's where the great idea from Miss Tiffany came into play. Buzz has been on the stairs with Will, but he has never "taken off" from the stairs. Of course...a launch pad at the top of the stairs! Beautiful Miss Tiffany, beautiful! Check out this video...
Now I have to be truthful, he did cry the second time up the stairs but only a little and it didn't last long. Progress is a beautiful thing!
Tiffany and I had a little brainstorming session after therapy today. It's so nice to be involved in therapy. I don't know if she'll use any of my ideas, but she does let me talk...if you know me, you know I like to talk! Thanks again Miss Tiffany! One week down. We'll see what the second week brings. I'm thinking it's going to be good!
I want to take a minute to say thanks to my wonderful husband back home. He is doing an awesome job being a single father. The job is hard enough just keeping up with two kids and their school and extracurricular activities. Today he had to take Ben to the doctor, the verdict- strep. Hope you feel better soon Ben. Thanks for doing a great job Phil! Iz...stay well! I love you all and miss you very much!
Comments
Post a Comment