Today Mr. Will and I had a surprise visit from Aunt Katie! She called me last night to let me know that she was in Kansas City and wanted to drop in on Will at the gym. Well sure, come on in!
One of the things we really want Will to master is getting in and out of Alfie (his gait trainer/walker) by himself. Tiffany changed some things on Alfie that made this much easier, but Will still had to learn how to control his body. I think he's doing pretty good. Watch how he keeps looking over at Aunt Katie...just to make sure she's checking him out!
Thanks for the visit Aunt Katie!
Now for the regular daily video. Will is doing a lot more than just sitting and standing, but I wanted to pick one thing that he does daily so I could share with you the progress that I see daily. He continues to do something new every day that leaves me speechless. Watch what happens when Ms. Tiffany looks away...
Did you notice the no hands again? Tiffany grabbed him at first because she didn't want him to fall, but watch how he corrects his body himself. He stood for just over a minute on this one. That is amazing progress!
I love how he says "Take a video mom!" when he is working without the suit! Melinda, this is so awesome! His progress is a testament to what a remarkable boy Will is. My kiddos said to tell you they love watching these videos! We are all rooting for Will!!
ReplyDeleteI spent some time catching up on the blog...I'm sorry to say I really had no idea about the CFD diagnosis or any of what you guys had been going through until we caught up last week. Daily life is crazy and the distance makes it hard to keep up, but that is surely no excuse. Having you guys in KC has been great and I have loved catching up and getting to know Will better through the videos and our brief visit. To know him is to love him for sure.
We'll do a better job of keeping up from now on and can't wait to see what great things are ahead for Will!
We are around this weekend if you'd like a change of scenery...would love to have you come over or show you some KC sights if you'd rather. Just let me know!
xo,
Michelle
I love this! What did she do to Alfie so that he has more space to get in. That's great. So proud of him!
ReplyDeleteShe took the arm troughs off. No more dropping him in from above! He can get in and out by himself...at least that's what he's working on! It's so much better now.
Delete