Oh my goodness, the difference a special suit can make! Tiffany (the therapist) said yesterday that she thought the suit would be great for Will... boy was she right! I could not believe the difference in his control and confidence. He typically has this wobbly little body that he can't quite control. The suit went on and the wobbles all but disappeared! You could see the confidence boost all over his face.
Four days before we left for KC I bought a new video camera. I tell you this because I was devastated tonight when I went to edit some video from yesterday that I just knew I filmed to find that I didn't film it at all...just took a picture! Aaarrgghh! Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I do have some video from yesterday but not the clip that I was hoping for.
Ok, well the point to that ramble was this. Yesterday Will was standing at this little table, playing with a toy. He was leaned against it propped up on his forearms the entire time. Tiffany would constantly remind him not to lean, he would push up to his hands for a second and then back to his forearms. He was very unstable. His little head just wobbled back and forth as he manipulated the dials and switches on the toy.
Four days before we left for KC I bought a new video camera. I tell you this because I was devastated tonight when I went to edit some video from yesterday that I just knew I filmed to find that I didn't film it at all...just took a picture! Aaarrgghh! Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I do have some video from yesterday but not the clip that I was hoping for.
Ok, well the point to that ramble was this. Yesterday Will was standing at this little table, playing with a toy. He was leaned against it propped up on his forearms the entire time. Tiffany would constantly remind him not to lean, he would push up to his hands for a second and then back to his forearms. He was very unstable. His little head just wobbled back and forth as he manipulated the dials and switches on the toy.
I wish I could remember what Tiffany was laughing about. It must have been funny!
Ok, now look at this video. I wish you could see how steady he is compared to yesterday. He is standing up at the table, with just his stomach against it. He even shifted his weight without falling! I love when he realized he was standing! I cried...of course!
Just minutes later he was doing this...
and then on to this...
Notice how he almost loses his balance and again...corrects it! This is an unbelievable difference! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
Comments
Post a Comment