Wow! I can't believe the second week is already over. Will has made such amazing progress that I'm kind of sad there's only one week left. I do miss my hubby and my big kids though, so I guess it has to end sometime! Today Will worked "super hard" which is how he would describe it. If you haven't figured it out yet, this kid is a worker! Today he was cruising at the windowsill, not one of his favorite activities.
It's one of the more challenging activities Tiffany has him do. Will's hips are not very strong so controlling the side step is difficult for him. After several minutes of cruising he stepped to the side and at the same time took his hand off the ledge. He lost his balance and fell, hitting his face (right between his upper lip and his nose) right on the edge of the ledge. Ouch! He cried, which means it must have hurt because Will has a pretty high tolerance for pain. Tiffany picked him up and loved on him, but he was still upset. I took him from Tiffany and gave him a big hug and as I was rubbing his back he said, with tears running down his face, "let's try it again". You can take a life lesson from that story.
Now for this video for today...
Yesterday I showed you his new bike. This is another balance activity Will is working on.
It's one of the more challenging activities Tiffany has him do. Will's hips are not very strong so controlling the side step is difficult for him. After several minutes of cruising he stepped to the side and at the same time took his hand off the ledge. He lost his balance and fell, hitting his face (right between his upper lip and his nose) right on the edge of the ledge. Ouch! He cried, which means it must have hurt because Will has a pretty high tolerance for pain. Tiffany picked him up and loved on him, but he was still upset. I took him from Tiffany and gave him a big hug and as I was rubbing his back he said, with tears running down his face, "let's try it again". You can take a life lesson from that story.
Now for this video for today...
Yesterday I showed you his new bike. This is another balance activity Will is working on.
He loves those beanbags!
Once again Mr. Will had a special visitor this week. I knew this one was coming but he didn't! MeMe came to see us! She got to "the gym" around 11:30. I didn't know if Will would keep working if he saw her so I had her go in the side viewing room, which has a two way mirror. At the very end of his session when he was working on standing with the canes, I motioned for her to come out. I said "Mr. Will did you know that you have a special visitor here today"? When she came out of the room, he said "MeMe"! He was all smiles for the rest of the day!
At the end of the session Will got to blow some bubbles for MeMe! He was a happy little boy!
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment