Sunday is a day of rest, as it should be. Today Will only had 1 dive. I was thankful for that. Those dives wear me out! Will is full of energy, but mama is tired!
I am sorry about yesterday's post. I really didn't give you any information. I was just zapped! So let me tell you a little more about the spaceship and our flight.
Here's the inside of the spaceship. Will can take movies to watch on the TV. He sits in the middle seat.
When we first "take-off" Will does not have his "helmet" on. That's when the dive starts. If you think about scuba diving, you dive into the water and then just keep swimming (sorry, that made me think of Dory on Little Nemo!). The pressure in the chamber changes during this time and you have to pop your ears several times like you do when you dive (i guess) or when flying in a plane, which is what I'm more familiar with. Again, Will does not have his helmet on so I am able to help him pop his ears by rubbing and pulling on his earlobes. During this time we also sing lovely songs of OOOO and AAAAA and EEEEE. I'm sure Captain David loves to hear us! It must help because Will has started to request that I rub his ears. Today he was pulling on mine while I pulled on his, again I'm sure it was a sight to see!
The first dive I didn't have problem popping my ears. Will didn't seem uncomfortable either. It was the second dive that bothered me the most, so far. I could tell by looking at Will that he was uncomfortable too, that's when I started rubbing and singing!
This morning I woke up with some congestion. I was really worried about my ears so I took a decongestant. I think it helped, my ears didn't hurt near as much as they did on the 2nd dive.
After Captain David pressurizes the chamber, I put the helmet on Will and turn on his oxygen.
Here's Mr. Will in his space-helmet!
The helmet inflates with oxygen. This part last 1 hour. During this time Will watches a movie. Today it was Mickey Mouse in the Wizard of Oz, a new one we bought for the trip. I don't think he was too into it, Toy Story 3 held his attention a lot more yesterday. He's only seen that one a trillion times!
I am able to sit right next to him. Don't look too close, one of the rules of the chamber is no product of any kind...make-up and hair products included! We have blankets on our lap. Today it was a little cold in there, just like an airplane.
After the hour is over I turn off the extra oxygen and then remove his helmet. Then we begin our "Landing" or resurfacing which means ear popping time again! After that Captain David opens the door and we're all done!
Tomorrow Will starts working out at Miss Tiffany's gym. Our schedule will be dive at 8:00 go to the gym from 9:30-12:30 then grab a quick bite to eat and get back in the chamber. I am interested to see how Will does with this schedule. It seems like it is going to really wipe him out. He's such a tough little guy though I'm sure he'll do great!
Since we only had one dive, Will and I had the afternoon to ourselves. We decided to visit a new baby cousin who lives nearby! Thanks Lynsey and Brian for letting us come visit. Baby Griffin is adorable! It was great to get to see Ashlee, Uncle Denny and Aunt Saundra while we were there. Thanks for hosting us! It was great to catch up and the pizza was yummy! I love having family in the KC area.
Comments
Post a Comment