Today started out kind of gloomy in Kansas City. A few minutes after we got to the gym it started getting very dark. All of a sudden it was pouring! It turned out to be a beautiful day, what a difference a few hours can make in the weather. What a difference a few weeks can make in a brave 5 year old boy!
Mr. Will has picked up some bad habits. "Help me!" to name one. I'm not sure when it happened, I hardly ever hear him plead for help at home. I know Will gets frustrated, we all do about certain things. I just don't want him to give up too quickly and ask for help. So, if you're reading this and are given the opportunity to help Mr. Will...make sure he has tried his hardest first. It will benefit him greatly! It's sometimes hard to watch but he can do it, we just have to let him try!
Will is getting stronger and stronger. I am amazed at how far he has come in the last few months. These last three weeks have been challenging for Will. He is going to leave the gym having to work harder than before. He's capable of a lot more than we allow him to do. Phil and I are going to have to let him grow up a bit. He's such a little guy that it's sometimes hard to remember he's a big kid! He's 5 years old, a kindergartener for Pete's sake! Not holding him anymore is going to be the hardest part for me. He's my baby, he gives me several kisses each time I pick him up. Plus, let's face it...it's just easier to pick him up and go rather than make him walk or even get the stroller out (just until the wheelchair comes in). But look at him, he's big kid!
Tomorrow is the last day at the gym. The car is packed, mostly. I just have a few things to throw in tomorrow morning. We're heading out right after therapy. We have to make a quick stop in Grain Valley, MO for something special, then we're on our way home! Will and I are both ready. We miss the rest of our family. I'm not sure Will is going to be happy on Monday morning. He'll be excited to see his friends at school, especially one very special friend. But Will's schedule is a little different here, although it has not been easier. I'm not sure right exactly when we'll be coming back, but we will definitely be back! Miss Tiffany is a very special therapist. She knows just how hard to push him and Will responds to her really well. She alone is worth the trip! We're checking into the hyperbaric oxygen chamber. We have some research to do and some logistics to figure out, but I think it's in the near future for sure.
Thanks to all of you who opened your homes and schedules to us during these last three weeks. I know life is busy, it means a lot that you carved out time to spend with us! Thank you!
Comments
Post a Comment