Skip to main content

Grapes on the Grass

I realized a few days ago that I never posted anything about Therapeutic Horsemanship's polo match fundraiser!  Am I a slacker or what?! 

So...a few weeks ago we attended our second polo match (ever).  Last year we found out about the polo match right after Will started therapy at TH.  We thought we would go, check it out and see what it was all about.  We had a fabulous time!  It was Phil, myself, Ben, Isabel and Will and my sister, Katie, her husband and her two boys.  None of us had ever been to a polo match before so we really didn't know what we were in for.  We had the best time!  Ben and Isabel loved it!  The rest of the kids were a bit too young to sit and watch, but they had a great time too!  We packed a picnic lunch and a couple bottles of wine and had a lovely day!

Fast forward a year...Polo this year was a bit different...in a good way!  We talked it up so much over the year that a lot of people wanted to check it out for themselves! 
This time my parents went. As did...
my sister, Heather and her two girls,
my sister, Katie, her husband and their two boys,
my brother Adam, his wife and their little guy,
my great friend Sally and her little girl and
another great friend, Julie and her two kids! 
Not to mention, of course my family of 5.  We had a large group and I was ecstatic! 
It certainly wasn't the quiet day of polo that we had last year, but it was awesome in so many other ways.  To know that all those people took time out of their busy lives for a couple hours of polo to raise money for Will's horse therapy... I teared up more than once that day!  (I know that's not hard for most of you to believe!)  Thank you to those listed above!  You'll never know how much that day meant to Phil and me!  I look forward to making this a yearly tradition!  I hope you do to!


I failed to get a photo of the whole group, but here's a few snapshots of the day...

 


The Star Spangled Banner

The best seats in the house!

Picnic and Polo

Time to stop the divots!

Papa even got into the stomping!

Will's favorite part...and mine too!

Our youngest divot stomper

Will had a great time!

So did Isabel and her good friend Haley!





 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Week 3, Tuesday, Dives 29 & 30

Dive 29- Mr. Will and Josie.  Mickey Mouse, our morning ritual! After the dive Will headed over to Miss Tiffany's gym.  I guess we'll stick around, he likes working in there!  He basically set the whole day up, I only added one thing!  He started himself on the stairs.  I just stood back and filmed! Rock on , Mr. Will! This next thing I added.  The next time you get up from sitting (in a chair for example) think about what all goes into that. I think this will be something he could master when we come back this summer!  By the way, Miss Tiffany will be back for that one!   Back to Will's plan.  He didn't want me to video him getting into position but I thought it showed a lot of good work on Will's part.  Pulling yourself on a scooter is an amazing workout!   Now for the "real" video.  Will set up all the pins and now he is kicking them over, according to his plan! Miss Cheryl poppe...