Children's Hospital is a thing of the past! It's a great hospital, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't a good fit for us. Since Will's birth 4 years ago, he's had about 5 different neurologists! Just when we get used to someone...they're gone! I understand, Children's is a teaching hospital so they see a lot of medical students come and go. It's just doesn't work well when you're trying to form a relationship with a child and vice versa. Also this summer there was a major scheduling mistake. That was the last straw.
I really hope this relationship works out! I'm pretty smitten so far! :)
So on to greener pastures! We recently visited with the Head of Neurology at Cardinal Glennon Hospital. (I never could get an appointment with the department head at Children's...believe me I tried!) Dr. Goretzke was very personable. He was very interested in Will's medical history. He admitted right away that he didn't have much experience with CFD but he was very willing to research and learn as much as he could! (You have no idea how refreshing that was to hear!) When it came time for him to examine Will I almost cried! He was so sweet with him! Will brought a Grover puppet with him to the office. Dr. Goretzke examined Grover first and then moved on to Will. It was very sweet to see him check Grover's reflexes! I'm sold! I loved the appointment! I forgot to mention the bonus... there is a satellite office only 20 minutes from our house! Dr. Goretzke will always be the doctor we see at this office! This is a true blessing!I really hope this relationship works out! I'm pretty smitten so far! :)

Comments
Post a Comment