Skip to main content

Here we go...


I finally did it!  Starting a blog has been on my "to do" list for a long time.  Now I can finally cross it off!  I'm not quite sure where to start, so you'll have to bear with me.  I'll try to keep you updated on what happens with our family although we do keep very busy so it might be hard for me at times!  This summer has been the busiest time yet!  I was excited for school to get out so we could kick back and relax.  Well that didn't happen!  Now school is getting ready to start again...where did the time go!

Managing the family calendar has been a full time job!  The summer started off with sport camps for Ben and Isabel.  They could each pick two...Ben picked baseball and golf while Isabel went with softball and volleyball.  While they were in camps, Will was in summer school.  We also spent a lot of time at the ball field! 





Ben has been busy with baseball this summer.  He's in between seasons right now.  The summer season ended a couple of weeks ago.  He took about a week off and then started practicing for the Fall season which starts in a couple of weeks.  The games were fun to watch.  He moved up to kid pitch this year and filled that role pretty well!  He also likes to play in the outfield, center field to be exact.





Isabel was busy with softball.  She was in coach pitch this year, no more hitting off the tee!  Her team is still moving around the field trying out different positions.  Catching was her favorite!  She said she liked all the gear, but I think it also helped that she got to take a little break!  At this stage in the game the catcher is really not expected to make any plays, so there's no pressure!  She hit the ball pretty well and had a lot of fun playing with her team!





Mr. Will has been very busy this summer.  Monday is his horse riding day!  He started hippotherapy last fall.  It will be a year next month and you would not believe the progress he's made!  When he started he needed a Boppy-type pillow all the way around him to support him on the horse.  He also had two side walkers (volunteers) holding onto him with both hands very securely at that!  He couldn't keep his head up for the whole hour.  He usually tired out around 40 minutes.  Fast forward a year later and he is standing on the horse while she's moving!  That cute little pony in the picture is Roma by the way.




Will starts aqua therapy next week.  I'm excited about that.  He had a few sessions two years ago, but only for a couple weeks.  He loves the water so I'm hoping he'll love aqua therapy! 


Speaking of water...


All three took swimming lessons again this year.  Ben and Isabel are good swimmers and probably don't need to continue, in fact they beg us every year to be finished.  Phil and I figure a refresher course never hurts!  I never had lessons growing up, well nothing I would count as a lesson anyway!  Phil, however was a lifeguard for a couple summers so between our two different experiences we feel swimming lessons are a must!



 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Week! A fun filled weekend with family and dives 27 &28

Happy Monday!  It's week 3.  We're almost finished.  Will is ready to go home.  He is missing his Daddy, (and he just saw him yesterday!). Phil and the kids came in Friday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon.  We filled the weekend with as much as we could!  Two movies (me and big kids), 3 dives (Will and his daddy), indoor skydiving (Ben and Isabel), and church (together!)!  Together again!  My kiddos!  Will's waving to the camera! All the happy divers...Phil, Grandma Linda, Mason (front and center!) Josie and Will! I had a fun surprise for Ben and Isabel!  Indoor Skydiving!  They LOVED it!  Score one for MOM!  It was fun to watch.  Will said he's going to do it next time!  I might just try it too!   They take you out once to let you figure it out and then give you a second flight to go much higher! The first video shows Isabel's first flight, the instructor said sh...

Hello Friday!!! Dives 36 and 37

Dive 36- Josie and Will.  Started the day with another dose and oxygen and Mickey Mouse! Our last solo workout in Miss Tiffany's gym.  We skipped the yoga today and went right for the stairs.  Will grabbed his canes and some friends and got started.  As he was walking it occurred to me how often I took for granted when Ben and Isabel went walking across the floor with toys in their hands.  Just think about that for a minute...then watch this video! He carried Mario and Luigi to the stairs.  I carried them up the stairs and then he proceeded to throw them down.  Typical kiddo! After getting hurled down the stairs now poor Mario has to be thrown in a hoop!  Poor guy! He threw all of Mario's friends in the basket too.   Then he made his way across the room to leave Miss Tiffany one last message.  He made it about halfway when he fell, but you know Will, he got right up and finished the job! I think Will enjoy...

Soccer!

Miss Isabel decided she would play soccer this year.  She played when she was in Kindergarten but when 1st grade sign ups came around she said she didn't want to play.  When I asked her why, she said..."It's just too much running!".  Then when sign ups came in second grade, she thought she might like it again.  Well, we signed her up and then she decided that she didn't want to play after all.  Practices hadn't even started yet so we let her quit.  Many of her friends were playing though and I think once the season really got started, she regretted her decision.  So here we are, a year later and  Izzy (as she's starting to use these days) is playing soccer in the third grade!  There is still a lot of running, which she's still not crazy about, but hey...she's playing!